An unnamed female inmate of the Afokang prison, Calabar, Nigeria, has been blessed with a set of twins (a boy and a girl).
Explaining how the development happened on Saturday (today), the Cross Rivers State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Inyang Asibong, stated that the female prison inmate gave birth to the twins on Thursday at the Prison yard in Calabar.
The Health Commissioner revealed that she received a distress call from the prison authorities about an inmate with complicated labour issues.
Dr. Asibong revealed that her team immediately swung into action to provide health services to the inmate.
According to the Commissioner, “The Cross River Government has taken responsibility for a set of twins delivered by a female inmate of the Calabar Prisons.
“The lady was delivered of a set of twins, a boy and a girl, and unfortunately developed some postpartum morbidity and had to be referred for expert management.
“The state government had taken over management of the babies and already christened them Benedict and Linda Ayade
“While awaiting full recovery of the mother. This also highlights the magnanimity of the governor in ensuring no child goes to bed hungry.” she said.
For Adverts Placement, contact us @[email protected] or call us on +2348169987520.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement