www.weetalknaija.com.ng can authoritavely report that Bandits along Kaduna-Brinin Gwari road in Brinin Gwari local government area of Kaduna state have kidnapped a corpse and 15 peasants on Wednesday, NEWS4NAIJA learnt.
The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, in Kaduna state, ASP Muhammad Jalige, said the victims were on their way to the burial of Malam Yahuza mai Hula, when they ran into the bandits.
The bandits had laid siege on the notorious Birnin-Gwari road which connects Kaduna and Niger states The PPRO explained that the Command was yet to be briefed on the incident by the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, in charge of the area where the bandits attacked.
He said three of the victims were members of the same family, while others were sympathizers traveling to Birnin-Gwari in Kaduna State for the burial. The PPRO explained that “The bandits, who rode on bikes, had earlier besieged Unguwan Yaku, where a woman and her children were stopped while conveying the remains of their breadwinner from Zaria for burial.”
He said the bandits shot the driver who died instantly, while the vehicle lost control and fell into a ditch. The victims were, however, able to escape when the bandits noticed oncoming vehicles. He explained that sadly, another son of the woman, who later came to look for his mother, met the bandits and was kidnapped.
The PPRO explained that from Tuesday night to Wednesday, two other sons of the deceased, who were on a separate journey to Birnin-Gwari for the burial, together with other relatives from neighboring towns, were also kidnapped.
Source : Weetalknaija Blog & NEWS4NAIJA Blog
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health