The Vice-chairman of Benue State Action Committee on coronavirus”>COVID-19 and also deputy Vice-Chancellor of Benue State University, Makurdi Professor Godwin Achinge has died of coronavirus complications.
Professor Achinge, according to a source died on Sunday afternoon at an undisclosed hospital in Jos, the capital city of Plateau State where he was taken to for treatment.
A member of the State Action Committee on COVID-19 who did not want to be mentioned confirmed his death to our correspondent. “Yes, we lost Professor Achingi, the deputy chairman of the state action committee on COVID-19 this afternoon,” the member said.
But the State Commissioner for Information and member of the State Action Committee on COVID-19, Mrs Ngunan Addingi, said she was yet to confirm the report from the chairman of the State Action Committee on COVID-19 and deputy governor of the State, Benson Abounu.
Recall that the State Governor, Samuel Ortom had on Saturday told newsmen that the professor who was the vice-chairman of the State Action Committee on COVID-19 tested positive for coronavirus. Meanwhile the Nigeria Center for Disease Control NCDC has confirmed 544 new cases of #COVID-19 in Nigeria.
As it stands now the total confirm cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria now 28,711, while 11,665 cases have been discharged and 645 deaths Recorded.
Breakdown by States Lagos-199
544 new cases of #COVID19Nigeria;
645 deaths pic.twitter.com/4uA3R0O28U
— NCDC (@NCDCgov) July 5, 2020
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021