gives condition for Chibok girls’ release
Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, has cautioned President Muhammadu Buhari against visiting Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.
Shekau stated this in a video released barely 24-hours after President Buhari paid a visit to Maiduguri to condole with the state over the Auno attack.
He said the terrorist sect would attack Buhari if he visits Borno again.
“Buhari came to Maiduguri pretending to be a good man. He shouldn’t try it again,” Shekau said in Hausa.
Abubakar Shekau, leader of the Boko Haram sect, also give condition under which the remaining Chibok schoolgirls in captivity would be released.
More than 100 of the 276 girls abducted from Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno state, in 2014, have remained in Boko Haram custody.
In a video the Boko Haram leader released 24 hours after President Muhammadu Buhari visited Borno, Shekau said the schoolgirls would be set free if the federal government let go of the sect members currently in detention.
- BREAKING!! Many Confirmed Missing As Truck Plunges Into River In Lagos
- 2023 Presidency: North Considering Jonathan To Take Over From Buhari
- Ondo Governorship Election: Fear Grips APC As Makinde, Tambuwal, Mimiko Meet To Forge Last Minute Alliance To …
- Nationwide Strike: Airspace Joins NLC, Vow To Shutdown Operation
- Disregard Fake News, ASUU Strike Is Still On — UNILAG Chairman