Drama As Court Grant Senator Ali Ndume For ‘Good Behaviour
Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court Abuja has granted bail to the senator Ali Ndume, on grounds of good behaviour in court.
Senator Ndume was remanded in Kuje prison on Monday over his suretyship for former fugitive Pension Reforms Task Team Chairman, Abdulrasheed Maina, who had jumped bail.
According to Justice Abang, who granted the bail on Friday, the decision was based on the senator’s record of good behaviour in court.
Ndume, representing Borno South in the senate, had been remanded for failing to produce the former Pension Task Team boss.
Maina is standing trial on alleged money laundering charges.
But he has repeatedly failed to appear in court for the continuation of his trial.
Justice Abang had ordered Ndume to be kept in prison pending the fulfillment of his bail bond, which is a forfeiture of N500 million to the Federal Government.
The judge also empowered the Federal Government to sell Senator Ndume’s property at Asokoro so as to recover the N500 million bond.
Ndume will be released from Kuje once he is able to pay the N500 million or if the prosecutor is able to dispose of the property and payment is made to the Federal Government, the judge said.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line