BREAKING!! Edo APC And National Caretaker Committee Clash Over List Of Edo Guber Campaign Council
Members of the Edo State chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC) are currently embroiled in yet another crisis with the recently inaugurated Caretaker/ Extra-ordinary National Convention Planning Committee overseeing the party’s affairs in Abuja, over the constitution of the National Campaign Council for the Edo State gubernatorial election.
Coming at a time the APC is struggling to put behind it, vestiges of the crisis-ridden era of its former chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, members of the party in Edo State said the juicy positions on the campaign council were given to people from outside the state’s chapter of the party.
A leader in the state’s chapter, who pleaded anonymity, said:
“This election is going to take place in Edo State and we don’t understand why our leaders in the state were sidelined by the national caretaker committee in the constitution of the campaign council.
“In a local election such as this, it is the local people like us that will mobilise voters and do the actual voting. All those people from Kano, Lagos and other states will not vote in Edo State, so why did they get the juicy positions?
“This strategy is likely going to boomerang on the party on election day because our members are not happy with a list that has few local representation.
“Our leaders in Abuja do not know what the APC is up against in Edo State. Our party is contesting against an incumbent governor that is very popular across the streets of Edo State and at the state level, the party is yet to resolve some teething issues arising from the primary election. We have a lot in our hands already.”
“The constitution of a campaign council of this kind is an opportunity for our members at the state level to make some money, but again, we have been sidelined.
“We will not allow this relegation of our members to stand, we will fight it. When will all the sacrifices we have made for this party be acknowledged and rewarded?” He asked.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- Cross River Govt Unveils List Of Abated Taxes, Levies
- BREAKING!! President Buhari Told To Stop Banks From Selling Airtime
- DO YOU AGREE? Once A Married Man Start Cooking For His Wife, He Has Lose His Dignity As A Man
- I Was Repeatedly Raped, Forced To Have Sex With My Brother – Ebonyi Kidnap Victim
- Dogara Is Too Small For Me To Fight, Those Who Are More Than Him Tried But They Failed – Mohammed
See more posts about
#Edo APC crisis
Share this post with your Friends on