The Emir of Kano, His Royal Highness, Muhammadu Sanusi II has received international appointment by the United Nations, UN.
Sanusi was appointed as one of the new Advocates for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
UN Secretary General, António Guterres made the announcement in a statement issued on Thursday in New York.
Guterres said the appointment was sequel to the UN Member States agreement to accomplish the SDGs by 2030.
The statement noted that the newly appointed Advocates are 17 influential public figures from around the world.
The appointees are to romote the goals, raise awareness with new audiences; maintain global commitment and call for greater ambition and scalable action to achieve the SDGs objectives by 2030; among others.
Sanusi is the only Nigerian on the 17-man list of SDGs Advocates co-Chaired by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo of Ghana and Prime Minister Erna Solberg of Norway.
The appointment came in less than 24 hours after Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje announced the creation of four new Emirates in the state, thereby reducing the powers of Emir Sanusi
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022