The Nigerian Security Operatives have arrested dethroned Emir of Kano Muhammad Sanusi II and whisked him out of the ancient city amidst tight security to a neighbouring state.
It was gathered that the security operatives are heading to Nassarawa state where Sanusi will spend the rest of his life in asylum.
Before he was taken away, Sanusi was said to have been put under house arrest by the heavy security personnel of DSS, Police and Military.
The arrest was after the security operatives sealed off the Palace.
Meanwhile, Alhaji Aminu Ado has been announced as the new emir of Kano.
The Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Usman Alhaji made the announcement today, hours after Muhammadu Sanusi ll was dethroned.
Alhaji said the appointment was in line with the provision of Kano state Emirate Council Law 2019.
“Section 11 (1) of the Law has empowered the governor to appointment Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero as the emir of Kano,” he said.
The secretary to the state government said the four kingmakers of Kano emirate had earlier recommended the appointment of Aminu Ado Bayero as the emir of Kano.
Bayero is the 15th emir of Fulani.
Until his appointment as emir of Kano, Bayero was the emir of Bichi, one of the four newly created emirates.
Bayero is a graduate of Mass Communication from Bayero University Kano. He was also a former Danmajen Kano, Dan Buran, Sarkin Dawakin Tsakar Gida and Wamban Kano.
He was later appointed emir of Bichi after the creation of Karaye, Gaya, Rano and Bichi Emirates by the present administration.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022