FG Tells Nigerians To Suspend Christmas And New Year
Amid fears of a possible second wave of COVID-19 in the country, the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 has advised Nigerians to suspend their Christmas and New Year travels to limit the risk of contracting the virus.
The chairman of the task force, Boss Mustapha, at a press briefing on Monday said such trips should be put on hold to reduce transmission risks.
He said large social gatherings should also be avoided because there is a bigger risk of COVID-19 transmission.
“Ahead of the upsurge in travels for the Christmas and New Year festivities, we urge strongly that for this year, such trips should be put on hold firmly because of the risks involved.
“The transmission rate has simply become astronomical,” he said.
He noted that new clusters of cases can also emerge in places that have so far been unaffected as people gather for festivities”. “There will always be many more festive seasons to celebrate,” he said.
– Premium Times
BREAKING!! FG Tells Nigerians To Suspend Christmas And New Year
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation