BREAKING!! Former Nigerian Governor Is Dead
Mr. Sam Obi, a former acting governor of Delta State, has died.
He died in Asaba, the state capital, in the early hours of Saturday.
Mrs. Shola Williams, a female founding member of the People Democratic Party (PDP) and former Commissioner for Women Affairs, died just a few days before he died.
When the Appeal Court in Benin nullified the election of former governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, and ordered a re-run in 2010, Sam Obi became acting governor.
Mr. Obi was the Speaker of the state House of Assembly before becoming acting governor, following the impeachment of the previous Speaker, Martin Okonta.
Obi was named Special Adviser at the start of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa’s administration, a post that was not renewed in 2019 following Okowa’s re-election for a second term.
Obi, a pastor and member of Oracle of God Ministries, is from Ute-Okpu in the state’s Ika North-East Local Government Area.
Although the circumstances surrounding his death are still unknown, several sources who confirmed the sad news said Obi was suffering from an unidentified illness.
On Wednesday, March 31, 2021, he was last seen at a public event, the Maris Trust Council’s annual lecture, which was held at the Unity Hall, Government House, Asaba.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line