Suspected Fulani herdsmen have invaded Tudun Doka community under Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State, killing dozens of persons in the process.
Nine persons, mostly women and children, were hacked to death with machetes by the attackers.
Those killed include Richard Yusuf, Kefas Yusuf, Fidelis Wada, Kachia, Genesis Soja, Victoria Gyata, Rose Soja and Rahab Soja.
Seven others are unaccounted for at the time of this report.
Narrating how the attack happened, a visibly distraught mother said, “I just came from Doka, I am the mother of Elizabeth Samaila. The herdsmen started attacking around 5am today, they hacked my daughter.”
Three-year old Elizabeth is currently hospitalised with severe injuries.
The attack comes on the heels of similar incidents, which occurred between May 19 to 24, when suspected herdsmen attacked Idazau, Etissi, Bakin Kogi, Dutsen Gora, UN Gora, Pushu Kallah and Magunguna villages, killing scores of persons and razing several buildings in the process.
Security agencies have failed to track down and arrest those behind these attacks.
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited
- Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group
- Career Openings at FBNQuest Merchant Bank