The House of Representatives Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila has met and obtained a commitment from the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), to suspend its ongoing industrial action and allow the National Assembly participate in the negotiations to implement previous agreements.
ASUU, on Monday commenced a two-week warning strike to press home its sundry demands on government, ranging from the failure to implement a 2009 agreement and the need to leave the nation’s universities out of the integrated Personnel payroll information system (IPPIS).
The Union who noted the difficulty of the position the speaker’s request has put its leadership, however, pledged to reach out to its organs across the country and issue a resolution early next week.
- Recent Vacancies at Glyde Lubricants Limited
- Employment Opportunities in a Leading Real Estate and Construction Company
- Latest Recruitment in a Top Class Private Hospital
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Job Vacancies at Wandel International Nigeria Limited
- Senior Associate – Capital Markets Accounting Advisory at PricewaterhouseCooper
- Career Opportunities at FHON Consulting