Plateau state government on Wednesday shut down a private hospital after 17 staff tested positive for COVID-19.
The hospital which is known as Rayfield Medical center is located in Rayfield, in Jos South Local Government Area of the state.
Dr Nimkong Lar, commissioner for health who gave the development in Jos told journalists that two patients who were being managed in the hospital had developed COVID-19 virus.
“Screening of primary and secondary contacts revealed that 17 staff of the hospital have tested positive for the virus and are also being attended to by the state ministry of health officials.
“Unfortunately, we lost one of them”.
The commissioner however said as of of Wednesday, 29 health workers have tested positive to the virus in the state.
The commissioner further called on residents of the state not to panic as government is on top of the situation, calling on all and sundry to obey government directives against the disease.
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment at Food Concepts Plc
- Latest Job Recruitment at Hilton Worldwide
- Latest Recruitment at APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited
- Job Employment Opportunities at the African Union
- New Job Recruitment at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria in an Oil and Gas Company
- Job Recruitment at the United Bank for Africa Plc