Lawmakers in the Ondo State House of Assembly have served impeachment notice on the state Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi.
Ajayi was accused of gross misconduct.
He resigned from the the ruling APC and defected to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party but insisted on remaining in office.
It was gathered that 14 lawmakers supported the impeachment of Ajayi.
There were however heavy security presence at the Ondo State House as the lawmakers were holding plenary.
The lawmakers had resumed from recess on June 6th and placed an advertorial calling on members to resume sitting.
To however stall any impeachment move, Ajayi rushed to an Abuja High Court where he filed seeking to stop the impeachment proceeding and enforced his fundamental right of association.
Other defendants in the suit were the Inspector General of Police, State Commissioner Of Police, Department of State Services (DSS) and the Speaker of the Assembly, Mr David Oleyeloogun.
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited
- Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group
- Career Openings at FBNQuest Merchant Bank