BREAKING!! Heavy Explosions, Steady Gunshots Rock Borno State Capital, Dozens Confirmed Dead
Heavy explosions and the sound of gunshots that engulfed some parts of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, near the Gomari area of the state.
It is not clear the casualty at the moment but reports indicated the insurgents tried to lunch an attack on University of Maiduguri from the northeast behind the military trench behind the university.
Sources say explosions were also heard in Mairi area, a student’s village near the University of Maiduguri.
A residents of Kaleri informed explosions were being detonated within the area but cannot tell if there are fatalities.
“People are just running in no direction. The explosions were coming from our area. What I cannot say is if people have died,” the source said.
Details about the explosions are yet to be clear.
The military is said to have deployed gun trucks to the area as earlier reports indicated that worshippers in a mosque on the street called “layin bori” may have been killed.
This is the first attack on Maiduguri town in a long time and this may not be unconnected with the sustained onslaught on insurgents in the Sambisa axis of the state.
Sustained attacks on Boko Haram strongholds have in the past forced the insurgents to regroup as they sometimes filter into towns or attack soft targets.
- Access Bank Plc Recruitment for Dutch Desk Manager
- National Marketing Manager at an FMCG Company – Nationwide
- Customer Service Representative / Operations Coordinator / Sorting Officer at Speedaf
- Financial Officer (NYSC) at Kadick Integrated Limited
- Production Supervisor in a Leading Paint and Coating Manufacturing Company
- Administrative Manager at CapitalSage Technology Limited
- Administrative Officer at HRbreakoutRoom