BREAKING!! Heavy Gunshots In Owerri As Unkown Gunmen Engage Security Operatives In A Gun Battle, Eight Killed
Security operatives engaged the gunmen in a gun fight that lasted several hours, according to CityNews Nigeria. The gunfight developed a panicked environment, with people fleeing for their lives and the roads in Orlu town and its environs abandoned.
Later, the operatives requested support from Owerri’s 34 artillery division, Obinze, which assisted in repelling the assault on the facility.
The incident, which began in the early hours of Thursday, was said to have ended around 9:30 p.m. with the final battle at Nkwito junction in the state’s Orlu Local Government Area.
Eight cars, as well as advanced ammunition, were said to have been retrieved from the hoodlums who attacked the joint security forces.
A Land Rover, Toyota Highlander, Siena, white hummer vans, and the Umuopia-Akokwa vigilante lion squad security vehicle were among the vehicles.
The bodies of the hoodlums and their cars, according to sources, were taken to the state police command headquarters in Owerri.
However, it was discovered that neither the police divisional headquarters nor any security officers were killed in the attack.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021