.. Justices suspends proceedings to review Imo judgment
The Supreme Court has suspended proceedings after taking arguments from parties on the application by the sacked Governor of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha for a review of the court’s January 14, 2020 judgment, sacking him.
A seven-man panel of the court, led by the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Ibrahim Muhammad announced, a moment ago, that the court will rise to return later for its decision.
Lawyer to Ihedioha and his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Kanu Agabi (SAN), while arguing his clients’ case, prayed the court to set aside its January 14 judgment and restore the judgement of the Court of Appeal, which the Supreme had voided.
The Appeal Court has declared Uzodinma’s petition at the Governorship Election Tribunal as incompetent and declared Ihedioha winner of the election held in Imo late last year.
Lawyer to Hope Uzodinma of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who replaced Ihedioha as Imo State Governor, Damian Dodo (SAN) prayed the court to retain its judgment and refuse the request by Ihedioha.
Dodo argued that the court is not empowered under any known law to set aside its judgment as prayed by Ihedioha.
He argued that instances where the Supreme Court could correct its judgment are where there are identified typographical errors or slip, which do not reflect the intention of the court.
The courtroom was packed with lawyers and politicians, who are mostly members of both APC and the PDP.
Among notable faces are Chairmen of both parties, Adams Oshiomhole and Uche Secondus. Also sighted was former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Viola Onwuliri.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020