… Sues for peace
The Executive Governor of Imo State, His Excellency Distinguished Senator Hope Uzodinma, has given approval for the immediate establishment of fifteen Almajiri schools in Imo State. The three senatorial districts are to have five in each of them.
This approval was given through a memo to the Imo State Universal Basic Education Board (IMSUBEB) dated Thursday, May 21, 2020. The Governor expressed satisfaction with the increase in the population of Almajiris in Imo State, and said the influx of Almajiris shows that the Government of Shared Prosperity has transformed Imo into the most attractive state in Nigeria.
The Governor also vowed to defend the unity of Nigeria with everything he has, and urged Imo people to see the Almajiris are their brothers and sisters, and to live in peace with them.
According to him, an Almajiri is a citizen of Nigeria and he can reside anywhere in Imo State, and if he wishes he can contest for public office. He further explained that the rationale for the Almajiri school program is to increase their capacity to participate effectively in all aspects of socio-political life in Imo State.
Chief Press Secretary/Media Adviser (Gov.)
May 21, 2020.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020