Following the low compliance level with the no mask, no movement order in the state, the state governor, His Excellency, Sir Ben Ayade has issued the following directives:
1. That security agents should henceforth impound any vehicle carrying passengers who are not wearing nose masks
2. Such impounded vehicles, which must be towed to the secretariat of the COVID-19 task force, should only be released after the payment of N300,000 (three hundred thousand naira) fine by the owner of the vehicle
3. That Individuals, no matter their standing in the society, who are found in public without nose masks, should be arrested on the spot and quarantined for 14 days.
4. All appointees of government, with the exception of the expatriates, performing one function or the other at the Cross River State Garment Factory are hereby relieved of such duties with immediate effect.
5. They are hereby co-opted into the COVID-19 task force.
6. Consequently, Mr Joseph Edet (la shakara) is appointed the acting Managing Director of the Cross River State Garment Factory with immediate effect.
7. Granting of approval for an open ended order for supply of nose masks by tailors in the state to the garment factory to meet demands
Let us join hands with government to keep the state COVID-19 free
Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to governor