The Independent National Electoral Commission has suspended electoral processes in Rivers State over experiences of widespread disruption of the elections recorded.
Read the statement under;
“Based on experiences from our officers within the subject, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has decided that there was widespread disruption of elections performed on the ninth day of March 2019 in Rivers State.
“These preliminary experiences counsel that violence occurred in a considerable variety of polling models and collation centres, employees have been taken hostage and supplies together with end result sheets have both been seized or destroyed by unauthorized individuals. In addition, security of our employees seems to be in jeopardy everywhere in the state and the Commission is worried concerning the credibility of the method.
“Consequently, at a gathering held today 10″1 March 2019, the Commission has determined to droop all electoral processes within the State till additional discover. This is in keeping with Section 26 of the Electoral Act, 2010 (as amended) and Clause 47(e) of the Regulations and Guidelines of the Commission.
“The Commission has additionally established a Fact-Finding Committee to evaluate the scenario and report again inside 48 hours. We appeal to the people of Rivers State, significantly the voters, for his or her understanding as we glance into the circumstances of those disruptions and what additional motion must be taken.
- #EndSars: Raging Hoodlums Storm Church, Loot Food Items, Others
- BREAKING!! WTO’s Council To Officially Announce Okonjo-Iweala’s Choice As WTO DG Today
- SHOCKING!! Dogara Directs Immediate Release of Arrested Looters of His Residence
- BREAKING!! Normalcy Returns To Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Orders Full Reopening of All Markets
- Update: Disregard Fake News, We Have Not Call Off Strike — ASUU
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Leading E-Commerce Retail and Distribution Company
- Current Job Vacancies at Fan Milk Plc
- Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP)
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions ]
- Food Concepts Plc Management Graduate Trainee Recruitment ( Food concept Recruitment 2020 )