The Independent National Electoral Commission has suspended electoral processes in Rivers State over experiences of widespread disruption of the elections recorded.
Read the statement under;
“Based on experiences from our officers within the subject, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has decided that there was widespread disruption of elections performed on the ninth day of March 2019 in Rivers State.
“These preliminary experiences counsel that violence occurred in a considerable variety of polling models and collation centres, employees have been taken hostage and supplies together with end result sheets have both been seized or destroyed by unauthorized individuals. In addition, security of our employees seems to be in jeopardy everywhere in the state and the Commission is worried concerning the credibility of the method.
“Consequently, at a gathering held today 10″1 March 2019, the Commission has determined to droop all electoral processes within the State till additional discover. This is in keeping with Section 26 of the Electoral Act, 2010 (as amended) and Clause 47(e) of the Regulations and Guidelines of the Commission.
“The Commission has additionally established a Fact-Finding Committee to evaluate the scenario and report again inside 48 hours. We appeal to the people of Rivers State, significantly the voters, for his or her understanding as we glance into the circumstances of those disruptions and what additional motion must be taken.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021