BREAKING!! Let Us Go Our Way, We’re Ready To Leave Nigeria — Fulani Herdsmen Blows Hot
The readiness of the ethnic group to secede from Nigeria has been revealed by Miyetti Allah, a union of Fulani cattle breeders in the region, though throwing its weight behind demands for the country’s restructuring.
On Saturday, the national secretary of the socio-cultural party, Saleh Alhassan, told Punch that Fulani extraction herders in many parts of the world have been openly disparaged and oppressed, hence the expediency of disintegration.
Mr. Alhassan regretted that, despite the advent of President Muhammadu Buhari, the notorious ethnic group had gained little or nothing from the Nigerian federation (of Fulani origin).
It’s to the benefit of the herders if something breaks (Nigeria disintegrates), so we don’t really love the federation,’ Mr. Alhassan said. We are also bidding for the country’s restructuring; let every part go, so we can claim this is where we are.” He added: “If the President is a Fulani, the life of a herder does not affect it in any way. Currently, under Buhari, they are worse off. Buhari did little for us but to create enemies for us.
While supplying the bulk of the country’s animal protein, the Miyetti Allah chief denounced the herders’ lack of access to government facilities under the Buhari administration.
There are herders being chased around. If the herders were valued by Buhari, he would have built the grazing reserves for them, he calculated.
Southern state governments have widely opposed earlier movements by the federal government to establish grazing reserves for herders nationwide.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022