The Department of State Services (DSS) has announced the arrest of Abdulrasheed Maina, former chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team (PRTT).
A statement on Wednesday by Public Relations Officer (PRO), Peter Afunaya, said DSS police in a combined operation with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, arrested Maina and his 20 year-old-son, Faisal.
The statement reads: “The arrest which was effected at the Pennsylvania Avenue Hotel, Utako, Abuja followed a request by the EFCC to the Service to assist in the apprehension of the suspect.
“Maina was arrested in company of his 20-year-old son, Faisal Abdulrasheed Maina, who unsuccessfully tried to resist the arrest.
“The lad even pulled a pistol against the security agents involved in the operation. He was, however, disarmed and arrested. He is a final year student at the Canadian University of Dubai where he is studying Telecoms Engineering.
“Items recovered from the suspects include a pistol with live ammunition, a bulletproof Range Rover SUV, a BMW Saloon car, foreign currencies, a phantom 7 drone and sensitive documents.
“The suspects and the recovered items will be handed over to the EFCC for further investigations and appropriate necessary actions.
“It is instructive to note that the operation is as a result of a renewed interagency collaboration among security and law enforcement agencies.
“The Service has always subscribed to such collaboration believed to be important in national security management and therefore, hopes to sustain the initiative in mitigating the current threats against public safety and national critical assets”.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022