The Katsina State Government has confirmed the death of a Medical Doctor, Dr. Aliyu Yakubu, affected by the Coronavirus Disease.
The deceased, aged 60, died at the Nigeria Air Force Reference Hospital, Daura three days ago.
Governor Aminu Masari, who made the disclosure at a press conference on Tuesday in Katsina, said the deceased owned a private hospital in Daura and had visited his home state, Kogi, from where he traveled to Lagos State some weeks ago.
Masari said after returning to the state, the deceased fell sick and was admitted at the hospital, where he died three days ago.
According to him, the deceased samples were taken to the Nigeria Centre for Decease Control for diagnosis before his death and was diagnosed positive to Coronavirus.
He said: “We have received a bad news of COVID-19.
“The deceased samples showed COVID-19 positive.
“Before his death, he was also diagnosed for hepatitis and hypertension, three years ago.”
The governor said the state medical response team was in Daura taking samples of all those that had contact with the man before his death.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation