Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has banned ministers and head of agencies from traveling of the country.
The president in a tweet said the ban was necessary to enable them defend their proposed budgets at the national assembly.
“Sequel to presentation of the 2020 Appropriation Bill, President @MBuhari has directed the immediate suspension of international travels by all Cabinet Members & Heads of @NigeriaGov Agencies so as to enable Ministers personally lead the process of Budget defence at @nassnigeria,” a statement contained in a series of tweets by Presidency Nigeria said.
President Buhari presented the 2020 budget in a joint session at the national assembly on Tuesday.
“The suspension of such travels will enable Functionaries and Agencies of the Executive Arm to provide the required cooperation with the Legislature in order to ensure timely passage of the Appropriation Bill.”
The statement signed by the Office of Secretary to the Government of the Federation instructed all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to cooperate with the committees of the National Assembly for their budget defence dates.
Buhari also instructed ministers who have already gotten travel approvals prior to the ban to “revalidate such approvals” after getting the schedule of appearances from the National Assembly
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement