Heavy downpour has fallen down trees on major highways in Calabar, restricting the free flow of vehicular movement along the affected routes.
Desirous to keep the city of Calabar clean and green, the state Commissioner for Environment, Hon. Mfon Bassey, led a team of staff from the ministry and the Executive Chairman of Calabar Urban Development Agency to clear all the fallen trees and restore vehicular movements within the affected areas.
The affected areas include, Ibom Layout, Mbukpa, Goldie by Holy Child, Atimbo, Ibb, Ekong Eta by Marian, State Housing among others.
Unfortunately, one of the trees fell on a parked vehicle, but no live was lost.
The Commissioner, advised residents in the state to desist from parking their vehicles under trees as the rainy season draws in, thereby calling on them to report to the office on any fallen trees around their areas for prompt cutting and evacuation to ensure sanity and cleanliness of the environment.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021