The Independent National Electoral Commission has the postponement of election in several components of Lagos, Rivers, Anambra the place violence erupted.
INEC mentioned the postponed elections will likely be carried out on a later day for principally affected legislative seats in Akuku Toru and Bonny native authorities areas of Rivers state.
“The fee has acquired reviews of violence and poll field snatching in some areas resulting in the disruption of the method. We have requested the Resident Electoral Commissioners RECs and the Electoral Officials on floor to submit their firsthand reviews in relation to a few of these incidents. We are nonetheless receiving reviews regarding incidences in some states of the federation however we’ve acquired reviews regarding incidences in Akuku Toru and Bonny native authorities areas of Rivers state.
“So lengthy because the fee couldn’t deploy in these areas, the implication is that voting didn’t happen in these areas and the fee will maintain consultations with the related authorities and the Resident Electoral Commissioners RECs in relation to those areas and can announce the date when polls will happen in a few of these areas, particularly in relation to the areas as they have an effect on the House of Representatives and Senatorial elections.
“It is not only in Rivers that we had reports of burning of electoral materials. We have such reports from Anambra and Lagos states as well as some other places”, he added.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement