Following the recent 427 new appointments released by the governor of Cross River state, Ben Ayade, a Cross Riverian identified as Naku Ikutal has declined his appointment as Director, under the Ogoja Urban Development Authority.
Naku Ikutal who seems not to be happy with the Governor, boldly stated that the governor gave better appointments to those who played anti-party during the 2019 general elections in the state.
The Statement Read As Follows:
APPOINTEE TURNS DOWN APPOINTMENT IN CROSS RIVER STATE
My attention has been drawn to a Press Release from the Cross River state government wherein my name was included in the new appointments as Director, under the Ogoja Urban Development Authority.
I thank His Excellency , Senator Ben Ayade for considering me fit for such an appointment.
I however decline to accept the appointment.
I think the state needs resources to focus on rural development and my accepting the appointment will contribute to depleting the lean resources of the state government.
Meanwhile, it is my personal observation after perusing the list of the appointees, that those who openly did anti-party in the last (2019) National Assembly Election are rewarded with better appointments than some who had shown high level of commitment to the party even in the midst of daunting challenges. A development that is quite discouraging. I think hard work demands good reward.
Once again, I thank His Excellency for considering me fit for the appointment.
God bless Cross River state.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation