The Executive Chairman of the Cross River State Sports Commission (CRSSC), Mr. Emmanuel Elom, has reiterated that the commission’s mandate is to grow sports in the state from the grassroots, especially in schools, where they can be discovered at very tender age.
Speaking to Weetalknaija Blog in Calabar, the state capital, after inaugural meeting with the staff of the commission, Elom unveiled some of the policies, activities and programmes the commission would embark on, saying governor’s vision is to make Cross River Africa’s sports hub through a sustainable sports culture.
Continuing, Elom said the commission would do all that is required to revive the sports commission in the state. “This time around, it is not going to be business as usual,” he said.
Also speaking, the finance committee chairman of the sports commission, Queen Gladys informed Weetalknaija Blog of the state government’s plan to identify sports talents to curb youth restiveness in the state.
Queen Glady who is the first and only female commissioner in the sports commission told Weetalknaija Blog in Calabar that the engagement of youths in different sporting activities would make them desist from drug abuse, thuggery, among other social vices.
- Zonal Manager at the Edo State Internal Revenue Service (EIRS)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Population Services International ( PSI )
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Job Vacancies at Zenith Insurance Careers
- Massive Oil and Gas Job Vacancies in Nigeria for Graduates and Experience.