The Executive Chairman of the Cross River State Sports Commission (CRSSC), Mr. Emmanuel Elom, has reiterated that the commission’s mandate is to grow sports in the state from the grassroots, especially in schools, where they can be discovered at very tender age.
Speaking to Weetalknaija Blog in Calabar, the state capital, after inaugural meeting with the staff of the commission, Elom unveiled some of the policies, activities and programmes the commission would embark on, saying governor’s vision is to make Cross River Africa’s sports hub through a sustainable sports culture.
Continuing, Elom said the commission would do all that is required to revive the sports commission in the state. “This time around, it is not going to be business as usual,” he said.
Also speaking, the finance committee chairman of the sports commission, Queen Gladys informed Weetalknaija Blog of the state government’s plan to identify sports talents to curb youth restiveness in the state.
Queen Glady who is the first and only female commissioner in the sports commission told Weetalknaija Blog in Calabar that the engagement of youths in different sporting activities would make them desist from drug abuse, thuggery, among other social vices.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health