An officer of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps attached Imo North Senatorial Candidate of Action Alliance in the 2019 general elections, Hon. Ndubuisi Emenike (Ototonwa), was on Sunday evening, mistakenly shot dead his boss.
The tragedy happened at around 5p.m. at Isiala Mbano LGA during a victory party for the All Progressives Congress candidate at the rerun election in Okigwe North Federal Constituency held on Saturday.
The Independent National Electoral Commission had announced the APC candidate, Miriam Onuoha, as the winner of the election when the tragedy struck at the APC’s candidate house at Umunachi in the Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of the state.
The NSCDC officer, who escorted his boos to the victory party, shot consistently into the air and mistakenly shot his boss, which brought the victory party to an abrupt end.
The victim fell and lost consciousness and was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, St Joseph’s Hospital, Umunachi, before he was later rushed to the Federal Medical Center, Owerri, in an ambulance.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020