A Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) has urged the federal government to commence a thorough investigation of the cause of high number of deaths recorded in Kano state recently.
The alarm raised by the PDP Chieftain came on the heels of a surge in the daily confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the country, which has rose to 1,182.
Dr Kalu, who’s the Director General of Global Initiative for Good Governance, PDP Youth Alliance (Protocols), And Atikulated Agenda Worldwide stated this in a statement signed by him.
He said: “As of today, 26th April, 2020, 12 prominent personalities died mysteriously in less than 12 hours. Just last week, about 150 others were buried across the state. This is unacceptable!
“Both the state and federal government should do a thorough investigation to avoid a nationwide embarrassment.”
“With regard to the deaths in Kano, the federal government through the ministry of health, the state government and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) should properly investigate the incident to find out the real reasons for the burials going on there”.
Dr Kalu further urged Nigerians to always observe the safety measures against the Covid-19 pandemic by maintaining social distancing and personal hygiene.
He expressed optimism that the challenges posed by the virus will soon be over.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021