Boundary Dispute: C/River Govt Frowns At False, Misinterpretation Of Information
The Deputy Governor, Prof. Ivara Esu has frown at the act of raising false alarm of war among communities by some war mongers and distractors in the state.
Professor Esu made the assertion in a peace meeting between Adim and Ugep communities in Biase and Yakurr Local Government Areas held at the state council of Chiefs Chambers, Calabar.
The Deputy Governor explained that the meeting which was at his instance follows a misinterpretation of information for preparation of renewed communal clash between the Adim and Ugep.
He warned that the state government will deal decisively with individuals from any community who creates or forements trouble of any kind that would distract the development process in any part of the state.
Professor Esu remarked that the peace committee members has performed well in the past 20 years and encourage them to continue in that spirit for the peace and progress of Adim and Ugep.
In their separate remarks, the spokesman of Adim community, Onun Omini Oyono and the chairman Ugep council of Chiefs Elder Vincent Eyong stated that as far as the two communities are concern, they are one family.
They promise to ensure that there will not be any crisis from the communities and describe the misinterpretation of information as an embarrassment to the people of Adim and Ugep.
Deputy Governor’s Press Unit
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Ayade’s Aide, Ogodo Sends Condolence Message To Mrs Ogbene Over Husband’s Death
- JUST IN!! PDP Crisis Continues In Cross River As NWC Postponed Congress
- BREAKING!! Aisha Buhari Seriously Sick, Secretly Flown To Saudi Arabia For Treatment
- JUST IN!! Attorney-General of The Federation Orders IG of Police To Provide Security For 17 Edo Lawmakers
- Omini Warns INEC Chairman Mammud, We Will Not Allow Buhari, Oshiomhle To Rig Edo Elections
Share this post with your Friends on