The Federal Government is set to expand the social register for palliative distribution by employing digital models including the use of Bank Verification Number (BVN).
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Sadiya Farouq disclosed this on Tuesday in Abuja, while responding to questions at Presidential Task Force briefing on COVID-19.
She noted that this digital measure will be faster and make the distribution more effective.
“We are using other models including BVN to identify bank accounts. We are also using mobile phone networks to identify poor and vulnerable people in the society.
“This is going to be faster, transparent and give room for more accountability,” she said.
She added that the conditional cash transfer to poor households which is currently going on in some parts of the country is transparent and well organized.
According to the Minister, all measures have been put in place by the Federal Government to avoid duplication of households.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation