BREAKING : Nigerian govt begins cash transfer to poor citizens
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq, has disclosed the commencement of cash transfer to poor Nigerians, amid the Coronavirus scare.
Farouq said her Ministry has commenced the advance payment to support poor Nigerians, following the stay-at-home order issued by the federal government.
She made the disclosure while addressing journalists in Abuja on Monday.
According to the Minister: ”Mr. President in his speech, paragraph 54,directed that conditional cash transfer be given in advance of two months. This we have also done. We have directed immediate cash transfer to the poorest and most vulnerable households in the country.
“Because of this COVID-19, the vulnerable groups have expanded, because we are aware that there are people who live on daily wages, so we are also going to look at those groups of people to see how we can get this food relief intervention to them in this period.”
Recall that Buhari, in his nationwide broadcast on Sunday granted a three months suspension of debts owed the Federal Government through the TraderMoni, MarketMoni and FarmerMoni loans.
Buhari gave the directive in his speech, analysing his government’s efforts to contain the spread of Coronavirus across in the country.
Speaking with DAILY POST, a commentator, Tayo Abiodun said such action represents a responsible government.
“Such palliative measure will help cushion the effect of this stay-at-home order, this is what a responsible government should do. I commend the Buhari government for taking such step,” Abiodun said. Daily Post
- Vacancy for Personal Assistant at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- Ongoing Job recruitment in an Indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization
- Good News As Atiku Abubakar Commence Massive Recruitment weeks after sacking over 400 Staff
- 2020 Massive recruitment at American University of Nigeria
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC Recruitment How to Apply Now!
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Research Centres of Excellence In Nigerian Universities
- Kogi: We Must Reclaim Our Stolen Mandate — PDP Gives Musa Wada Hope
- 2023: Will Atiku Take Another Shot At The Presidency, What Are His Chances Of Wining?
- Serious Trouble In NDDC As Akpabio, Ex-NDDC Managing Director Fight Dirty
- Lockdown: One Feared Dead As Police, Thugs Ransack Ogun Community
Share this post with your Friends on