BREAKING!! Nigerian Soldier Leaks A ‘Shoot-at-sight Order,’ Warn Orlu Residents To Relocate Immediately
A yet-to-be-identified Nigerian Army soldier has warned residents of Orlu town in Imo State to either evacuate or be alert, according to a report by SaharaReporters, because some personnel have allegedly been issued a shoot-at-sight order in the ongoing fight with Eastern Security Network operatives.
In an audio recording obtained by SaharaReporters, the soldier said he would not carry out the operation, and as a result, he had been identified by the army commander to be arrested and probably killed.
The army and ESN operatives have recently clashed in Orlu, with the military claiming on Friday that it killed 11 ESN and IPOB operatives in a gunfight.
The soldier, who is assigned to the 302 Artillery Regiment in Onitsha, Anambra State, issued a warning to residents of the area, claiming that their commander had ordered them to relocate.
“They first brought us (deployed us) to Maiduguri,” the soldier said in an audio recording obtained by SaharaReporters (Borno State). Then 25 of us returned, hoping that the situation had been resolved.
Then they took us to Onitsha’s 302 Artillery. We were all confined to the Onitsha barracks until 12 p.m. today.
“After the battle in Orlu, the commander said that everyone we see should be shot.
I beg you, for the love of God, if your loved one is in Orlu, please try to contact them between now and Monday. Tell them to relocate for the time being. The commander said I was going out to reveal them to make sure they got me and killed me as soon as I left the barracks.
“Look at the fabric I’m putting on. I didn’t buy these clothes with my own money; if you read this line carefully, you’ll see that I was given these clothes and have kept my uniform.”