Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Friday announced the donation of N50m to fight Coronavirus across Southeast Nigeria.
Kanu made the announcement in a broadcast via Radio Biafra.
He said that part of the donation will be used to ensure some hospitals in the Southeast are equipped to fight COVID-19.
Kanu, however, noted the money donated was from the coffers of IPOB.
Kanu said: “We never knew that the virus is coming, we have commitments all over the world, we are committing initial N50 million to make sure we educate and prepare our people for what is to come. We budget N300m for the fight against Coronavirus.
“We will establish one hospital in every state of Biafra including Edo State. We are going to open a food store for the people. If you are to confine the people at home, you must make sure they don’t die of hunger. We are even going to feed those who are not IPOB members. This is what advanced countries are doing for their people.
“I am worried about Africa and humanity but my primary concern is for the people of Biafra.”
– PM News
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021