BREAKING! Obaseki Defeats Oshiomhole and Ize-Iyamu Put Together, Wins Certificate Forgery Case
Abuja Court has delivered judgment on the forgery case of Obaseki’s certificate.
WeetalknaijaBlog reports that the Federal High Court, sitting in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria, dismissed the certificate forgery case filed against Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State on Saturday, January 9, 2021, by the All Progressives Congress, APC, and one of its members, Mr. Williams Edobor.
In a judgment delivered by Justice Ahmed Mohammed, the court held that the plaintiffs had not discharged the burden of proof imposed on them by statute by means of credible evidence.
The presiding judge said there was no iota of proof before the court to prove that either his O’level certificate or the degree certificate given to him by the University of Ibadan in 1979 had been faked by Obaseki.
Justice Mohammed held that accusation of forgery the Plaintiffs levelled against Obaseki bordered on crime and therefore needed to be proven beyond reasonable doubt.
None of the witnesses summoned by the complainants were able to show that the certificate was falsified.
The witnesses simply agreed that none of them had visited the University of Ibadan to validate the certificate’s validity.
‘The plaintiffs relied solely on photocopies which were attached to Form EC9 submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission by the first defendant,’ the court noted.
It held that obvious contradictions “were satisfactorily explained” in the Obaseki documents submitted to INEC.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation