The pontiff arrived late for his weekly address in St. Peter’s Square on Sunday explaining that he had been stuck in an elevator in the Vatican for 25 minutes and had to be freed by firefighters.
“I have to beg your pardon,” the smiling pontiff said as he started the address about 10 minutes late, according to Reuters.
He then explained that there had been an electrical power problem in the Vatican and that he had been stuck in the elevator until freed by Vatican fire officers.
“A round of applause for the fire brigade,” he told the crowd.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement