The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal, in its ongoing ruling on Wednesday, declared that there is no evidence showing that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC transmitted the results of the last presidential election electronically to any server.
The court held that the petitioners, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, failed to prove the existence of any INEC server.
The judgment still being read on the petition by Atiku and the PDP challenging the victory of President Buhari and the APC, held that the petitioners also failed to prove that INEC transmitted results electronically.
The court held that there is no law in place in Nigeria that allows electronic transmission of results or the transmission of results using a card reader.
Justice Mohammed Garba, the president of the Tribunal, said, “I have carefully examined and examined Exhibit 28 (INEC Manual for Election) tendered by the petitioners, I did not see where there is provision for electronic transmission of the result of election.”
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group