It was a show of distress as protesters stormed the complex of the National Assembly, calling on the Senate president Ahmad Lawan to declare vacant the seat of Senator Orji Uzor Kalu.
The protesters, who came to the assembly complex on Tuesday, June 2, under the aegis of Concerned Citizens of Abia North, staged the show of displeaure against the former state governor.
They argued that the Abia North feels neglected angry, less optimistic about their future because they have no representation in the Senate.”
According to report, the protesters wanted Lawan to declare embattled Senator Kalu’s seat vacant so that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) can conduct another election for the region.
“The conviction and incarceration of the senator representing Abia North, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu leading to his long absence from the National Assembly has effectively silenced our voices.
“Abia North constituents have no representation in the Nation’s highest deliberative body and cannot participate in matters that affect them,” the protesters read from a prepared letter.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company