BREAKING!! Researchers Predict End Date Of COVID-19 Pandemic
Some scientists and researchers at the Singapore University of Technology and Design predict that the coronavirus pandemic will end globally early next year.
Their prediction is that the world would not be free of the virus until 5 January 2021.
But some countries would be free earlier than the terminal date projected.
The researchers used data-based estimations to create models which show the coronavirus life-cycle in specific countries.
Then they used the data to estimate an “end date” for the COVID-19 outbreak globally and in specific countries.
Countries featured in the analysis are the US, UK, Italy, France, Spain, Germany, India and Turkey.
Others are Saudi Arabia, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.
Here are the theoretical “end dates” for the coronavirus outbreak in the following countries:
United States: October 22, 2020.
United Kingdom: September 30, 2020.
Italy: October 23, 2020.
France: August 25, 2020.
Spain: August 15, 2020.
Germany: August 20, 2020.
India: October 19, 2020.
Turkey: September 11, 2020.
UAE: September 3, 2020
Saudi Arabia: September 10, 2020.
Qatar: September 14, 2020.
The research uses the SIR (susceptible-infected-recovered) model which describes the spread of infectious diseases and data of coronavirus cases as of May 7.
The SIR model uses three differential equations to describe the dynamic flow of people between three categories: S for the number of people ‘susceptible’ to infection, I for the number of infectious people, and R for the number of removed people (either recovered or died) in the population.
The research paper, updated 11 May, stressed that the predictions are uncertain and subject to change depending on real-world developments such as government policies, testing protocols and human behaviours.
“The model and data are inaccurate to the complex, evolving, and heterogeneous realities of different countries over time. Predictions are uncertain by nature,” the researchers warned.
“Readers must take any predictions with caution.
“Over-optimism based on some predictions is dangerous because it may loosen our disciplines and controls and cause the turnaround of the virus and infection, and must be avoided”.
The research was coordinated by Jianxi Luo, a tenured Associate Professor with the Singapore University of Technology and Design.
He is also the Director of Data-Driven Innovation Lab, and Director of SUTD Technology Entrepreneurship Program.
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Opera News. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
Coronavirus Realtime Updates
Data as of 2020-05-12 21:36:20 UTC
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Job Vacancies at Giant Beverages Limited
- Cross River State Government Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form Portal | www.crossriverstate.gov.ng
- Jobs in Nigeria 2020 at Tizeti Network Limited (Wifi.com.ng)
- Jobs in Nigeria at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited [ 8 positions 14 Slots ]
- Olam Nigeria Limited 2020 Nationwide Graduate Recruitment
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- JUST IN!! Another Victory For Obaseki As Edo Chiefs, Elders Reject Oshiomhole’s Pleas, Urge Ize-Iyamu To Try Out His Luck At Guber Poll
- BREAKING!! Trouble Looms In Nigeria As Akpabio Finally Released Names Of Lawmakers Who Collected NDDC Contracts (FULL LIST)
- Cross River Govt Flag Off 2020 Hepatitis Week
- C/River Govt Proposes N147.130Billion For 2020 Amended Budget
- Buhari Names Major Railway Stations After Saraki, Tinubu, Others
Share this post with your Friends on