BREAKING!!! SDP Passes Vote Of Confidence On Dr, Olu Agunloye
We, the Forum Executive of Social Democratic Party (SDP) Nigeria Forum of State Chairmen on behalf of the entire State Chairmen in Nigeria do hereby affirm that the only constitutionally recognized and reigning National Executive Committee (NEC) is led by former FRSC Boss and a two times former Minister *Dr. Olu Agunloye,* the National Chairman of the Party and *Alhaji Shehu Musa Gabam* the National Secretary respectively.
2. That we condemn in totality the hilarious, whimsical and illegal NEC Meeting purportedly held by the erstwhile suspended Deputy National Chairman (DNC) North *Dr Abdul Ahmed Isaq* at the Savannah Suites, Abuja in the early hours of Saturday,22nd January 2022.
3. That the FORUM EXECUTIVE also noted with dismay the impunity, impulsiveness, reckless dispatch and intolerable disrespect to the Party as displayed by a supposed high ranking officer of the Party who summoned the purported illegal NEC Meeting.
4. That hitting below the belt of truth and good conscience, the said NEC Meeting fell short of the very sacrosanct constitutional provisions of *ARTICLE 14.2(I)&(ii)* of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) as amended 2018 which stipulates that:
*(i) “Without prejudice to Art. 15.1 hereafter, The Executive Committee may summon an emergency meeting of the National Convention or Congress at any time, provided that, at least seven days’ notice is to giving to all those statutorily entitled to attend.”*
(ii) *” The Chairman of the Party at any level shall direct the Secretary of that organ to summon of the Executive Committee”*
5. That informed by the above provisions, the suspended DNC North have no rights in the SDP Constitution or any locus standi to summon, hold, preside over or suspend any member of the Party at the ill conceived NEC Meeting at Savannah Suites as such convergence not known by the SDP Constitution was a mirage, dead on arrival and remains a nullity abinitio.
6. We therefore call on all SDP Members and reasonable Public to disregard such a laughable charade as SDP is one under the Leadership of *Dr. Olu Agunloye.* as National Chairman and *Alhaji Shehu Musa Gabam* as National Secretary both of who have the statutory powers to convoke a NEC Meeting at that level.
7. We therefore stand with the decision of the NWC who invoked and exercised her suspension powers under *Article 19.4* on erring Members and we urge that all members must act within the ambit of the Law at all time.
8. We further appeal to all suspended members to explore internal Party mechanism to dispute resolution, show remorse, tender due apologies to the Leadership of the Party as the Forum Executive will stand by her earlier Communiqué to intervene on their behalf.
For and on behalf of the SDP Nigeria Chairmen Forum
Lagos State SDP Chairman
Chairman of Chairmen
SDP Nigeria Forum of Chairmen
*Hon. Solsuema Osaro,*
Rivers State SDP Chairman
*Hon. Kelmi J Lazarus*
Gombe State SDP Chairman