President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly sacked three of his top security aides allegedly over the altercation that occurred last Thursday between his nephew, Sabiu Yusuf a.k.a Tunde and the First Lady’s security details.
Those affected, according to a reliable source, include the president’s Chief Security Officer, Kassim Idrissa; his ADC, Col. Mohammed Lawal Abubakar and Chief Personal Security Officer, Abdulkareem Dauda.
The source simply said the trio were relieved of their duties “over alleged attempts against President Buhari’s nephew, Sabiu Yusuf”.
The crisis began when the First Lady’s Aide-de-camp, Usman Shugaba, reportedly fired shots in an attempt to force President Muhammadu Buhari’s Special Assistant, Sabiu Yusuf, into self-isolation over COVID-19 fears.
Yusuf, had returned to his residence at the precincts of the Presidential Villa, just outside the Pilot gate, after a trip to Lagos where he had gone to meet his wife who had just delivered a baby.
Citing COVID-19 protocols, the First Lady, Aisha Buhari and three of her children, Zahra, Halima and Yusuf, accompanied by some of security aides led by the Aide-de-Camp, went to Yusuf’s residence and demand that he should self-isolate for 14 days, so as not to endanger the first family.
An altercation ensued which led to gunshots being fired at the Villa. Shugaba and other security aides were subsequently arrested and detained on the order of the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu. It was learnt that a panel made up DIGs and AIGs has been inaugurated to investigate the matter
Already, Usman Shugaba, the ADC to the first lady, Aisha Buhari, has been redeployed to the Force Headquarters. A replacement is to be announced soon.
An SMS sent to the president’s spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, for confirmation was not replied before press time.
However, it was later confirmed that that President Buhari may was only yielding to pressure to extricate himself from the clutches of the cabals as he concludes plans to remove some of his aides who were allegedly imposed on him by Mamman Daura.
President Buhari was said to have been fed up with insinuations in the public that he is unable to hold down his presidency and be firmly in charge.
According to sources, some of Buhari’s aides imposed on him have overreached themselves and the President is now bent on injecting new blood around him for more effective performance.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Latest Job in Nigeria at Zetech Oil Services Nigeria Limited (5 Positions)
- Virgin Landmarts Limited Job Recruitment for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria today 2020 at Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Panafric Ocean & Energy Limited 2020 Job Recruitment ( 4 Positions )
- Job Vacancies at Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS), Abuja
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- Sallah: Ikom Council Chairman Hails Moslems
- Inyang Asibong, Betta Edu, Esther Bassey, Others Receive Outstanding Nigeria Women Awards in Abuja
- Eid El-Kabir:Emulate Prophet Ibrahim — Ayade’s Adviser on Muslim Affairs Tells Ummah
- Eid El-kabir: Betta Edu Celebrate With Moslems
- BIG PROBLEM!! Husband On The Run After Wife Mysteriously Dies In Their One Room Apartment