A 57-Year-Old woman was reportedly killed by her biological son in Akure, the Ondo state capital on Thursday, after a heated argument by them, Nigerian Cable News online has gathered.
The son, identified only as Gbenga, reportedly fled Akure to Ikare Akoko where he committed suicide inside their
family house at Oyinmo Quarters in Ikare Akoko in the Akoko North-East Local Government Area of Ondo State on Friday.
It was gathered that the mother of five had three children with Gbenga’s father in Ikare before remarrying in Akure where she was living before the incident occurred.
Our source said,
“Gbenga, after killing his mother in Akure on Thursday, escaped to Ikare Akoko where he stayed with his grandmother at Oyinmo Quarters. When he suspected that efforts were being made to hand him over to the police, he sneaked into the kitchen at about 3am on Friday to hang himself while everybody in the house was asleep.
It was a relation, who wanted to go to use the restroom in the morning that saw his lifeless body dangling and raised the alarm.”
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr Femi Joseph, confirmed the incident, saying the police had begun an investigation into the matter.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executive recruitment
- Insurance Advisor at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Senior Sales Engineer in an Indigenous Engineering and Construction Services Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company