BREAKING!! Tension As Hoodlums Set Two INEC Offices On Fire In Ebonyi
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) claims unidentified individuals set fire to two of its offices in Ebonyi State.
The offices are in the state’s Ebonyi and Ezza North Local Government Areas.
WeetalknaijaBlog gathered that, there were no casualties, but the structure and facilities were severely damaged.
The incident occurs only hours before a meeting between INEC and leaders of security services slated for Wednesday (today) to discuss the attacks on the Commission’s offices.
With this latest incident, the Commission’s headquarters have been set ablaze a total of 23 times.
According to a breakdown of the incidences, the most affected states are Akwa Ibom (four), Abia (three), Anambra (two), and Imo (one) (two).
Borno, Ebonyi, Jigawa, Kano, Ondo, Plateau, and Rivers were among the states that experienced fires between February 2019 and May 2021. Abuja, too, was impacted.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates