BREAKING!!! Tension As Unknown Gunmen Attack Police Station In Ebonyi State
There was tension on Tuesday after unknown gunmen attacked Ugbodo Police Station of Ebonyi state but were repelled by the police.
According to report, one of the gunmen was killed in the ensuing gun duel between the hoodlums and the police.
Also, one of the policemen, who repelled the attack, was injured and taken to an undisclosed hospital for treatment.
A top security source in the state, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the gunmen launched the attack around midnight.
The source said, “But they met stiff resistance from the policemen at the station. In the ensuing battle, a police officer sustained an injury, while the gunmen later retreated with some of them being hit by bullets from the policemen.
“In the morning, the police went in search of the bush in the area and discovered the corpse of one of the gunmen.”
According to the report, a gallon of petrol was also found near the deceased.
It was suspected that they had planned to burn the station.
The corpse of the deceased was evacuated to the mortuary, while the injured police officer was rushed to hospital, where he was said to be receiving treatment.
- Access Bank Plc Recruitment for Dutch Desk Manager
- National Marketing Manager at an FMCG Company – Nationwide
- Customer Service Representative / Operations Coordinator / Sorting Officer at Speedaf
- Financial Officer (NYSC) at Kadick Integrated Limited
- Production Supervisor in a Leading Paint and Coating Manufacturing Company
- Administrative Manager at CapitalSage Technology Limited
- Administrative Officer at HRbreakoutRoom