BREAKING!! Tension As Violent Protest Rocks Abuja


Tensions are high in Karu, an Abuja satellite town, where commercial motorcycle operators have taken to the streets to protest.

Despite the fact that the cause of their demonstration is unknown, the demonstrators’ actions have caused many people to remain indoors while they smash cars and threaten innocent people.

According to reports, the riot, which began about 11 a.m., forced several churches in the area to lock their doors and ask their members to stay inside in order to avoid being targeted.

Soldiers and police officers have also been deployed to the city to preserve law and order, and they are currently battling demonstrators who are retaliating with rocks and other weapons.

Residents of Karu, Jikwoyi, Kurudu, Orozo, and Karshi, among other towns in the district, are stranded because motorists and residents alike have been asked to stay off the route until normalcy is restored.

People coming into Karu from the city center have also been advised to avoid the area for the time being because there is no other way to get to the satellite town.

The Okada runners, according to the Daily Sun, began protesting after one of their colleagues was reportedly shot and killed by police.

The demonstrators, who had gathered in large numbers, began a peaceful demonstration that quickly turned violent, prompting Major-General Dahiru, Commander Army Headquarters Garrison (AHQG), to send soldiers when the police could no longer manage the situation.

There are restrictions on travel as of the time of filing this article, as people who went to church are still stuck in their various churches.

Police forces have also been sent to the majority of the churches to ensure that demonstrators do not set fire to them.

When approached, the FCT police command’s public relations officer denied the story and claimed that the demonstrators were protesting the assassination of one of their members by an unknown gunman.

She also said that the police, in collaboration with the military, were doing everything in their power to restore normalcy.
In a telephone interview with the Daily Sun, the commander AHQG said that the soldiers would stay in the region until peace was restored.

(Text courtesy of the Sunday Sun, except for the headline.)

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to Wee Talk Naija and receive notifications of new posts by email.

More News


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.