There was tension on Wednesday evening as fire engulfed the house of former President, Olusegun Obasanjo.
The house of the former President located at Ita-Eko areas of Abeokuta was on fire late hour of late last night.
However, the cause of the fire outbreak was believed to have been triggered by power surge.
Residents of the area where the house is located all trooped out in their hundreds to assist Obasanjo’s domestic workers to put off the fire.
The state Director of Fire Service, Fatai Adefala, confirmed the incident but disclosed that the fire affected a store and not the main building in the former president’s compound.
He said officials of the agency swiftly responded to distress calls over the fire about 10:00pm and succeeded in putting it out.
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Guest Services Associate at Marriott Hotels and Resorts
- Logistics Officer at YellowPoint Group
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Officer at Save the Children
- State Technical Advisor at Chemonics International
- MoneyGram recruitment for a Regional Compliance Officer
- Supervisory Human Resources Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos