BREAKING!! Power-Show Begins In Cross River As Armed Policemen Takes Over PDP Secretariat, Supervise Its Dismantling
The People’s Democratic Party’s Cross River State Secretariat in Calabar is currently being stripped of its flags, with armed cops on the scene.
This comes just 48 hours after Governor Ben Ayade switched parties from the PDP to the APC.
On Saturday morning, the exercise began extremely early.
Ntufam Inok Edim, the party’s immediate past State Chairman who has also been functioning as caretaker committee Chairman, is there and talking with a few others about the building, which he claims is supposed to serve a different purpose.
Apart from removing the PDP flags from the building, painters had began repainting it in green and white as of press time, while security operatives in unmarked pickup trucks blocked entrance from the Kia motor store to the secretariat, which is located along the Murtala Muhammed Highway in Calabar.
It’s unclear what’s going on because the party is alleged to owe its landlord years of rent.
Passers-by have linked it to the Governor’s recent defection.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates