The former governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha narrowly escaped assassination attempt in his country home in Ogboko in Idiato Local Government of the state.
The assailants according to a family source, arrived the governor’s residence at about 2 am and overpowered the security before gaining entrance into the main building.
According to the source who pleaded anonymity, no valuable was removed but the former governor’s bedroom and other places were thoroughly ransacked, raising suspicion that the invaders maybe hired assassins.
Meanwhile, another set of armed men suspected to be Government officials, stormed a radio station, the Reach FM, believed to be owned by the governor and ordered them to pull down the structure housing the station.
According to one of the security men attached to the station, the armed men who refused to disclose their identity gave the management three days to pull down the structure or be ejected by force.
This was coming two days after the Akachi tower, one of the monuments built by the former governor was demolished on the alleged orders of the State Government.
However, when contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Orlando Ikeokwu, a Superintendent of Police, said that he was yet to be officially briefed about the invasion of the governor’s home.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution