Amidst outrage of the Coronavirus spread, China has reported another outbreak of a deadly disease, Hantavirus.
In a report by China’s English tabloid, Global Times, on Monday, revealed that a person from Yunnan Province died while on his way back to Shandong Province for work on a chartered bus.
He was tested positive for #hantavirus on Monday and other 32 people on bus were tested.
In a research, An orthohantavirus or Hantaviruses are a family of viruses spread mainly by rodents and can cause varied disease syndromes in people worldwide.
Infection with any hantavirus can produce hantavirus disease in people.
Hantaviruses in the Americas are known as “New World” hantaviruses and may cause hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS).
Other hantaviruses, known as “Old World” hantaviruses, are found mostly in Europe and Asia and may cause hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS).
Each hantavirus serotype has a specific rodent host species and is spread to people via inhalation of aerosolized virus that is shed in urine, feces, and saliva, and less frequently by a bite from an infected host.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health